Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Party Like it's 1979.

Today my sweet Dashing Boy turned 30.

30!

I've been thinking about this birthday for years. Possibly fairly soon after we got married. I don't know, it just seemed like one to make special and that is a job for the wife.

So for a couple of months I've been carrying around my little camcorder and filming good friends and family of Dashing Boy. It's been a big, big secret.

I felt a bit like I was back in college (broadcast journalism major), shushing people as I filmed so as to eliminate distracting background noise, and sitting in a little room for hours editing. Only now, I feel a little wiser. And look! 3 years later I'm using my skills! That makes me happy.

But what I'm most happy about is that I am the wife to this lovely 30-year-old man :) I am so in love with him. And it's been such a blessing to be able to visit with so many close people in his life!

Anyway, my house is a complete disaster. Very neglected this week. But the movie is done! The secret is out! And a little party is in the works for Saturday night! (If anyone who reads this is a friend of Dashing Boy, you are invited! e-mail me for more info!)

2 comments:

Blake and Jenn said...

Jenny, I am proud of you. First for being such a good wife, and second (of course) for using your skills you learned at the good ole' USU. I'm sure you made an amazing video that will bring tears to the eyes of anyone who watches it. Happy birthday to your hubby!

Cristie said...

Happy Birthday to Dashing Boy! And I hope to see the video some day, I'm sure it's amazing- I heard about the production as it was being made :)