Friday, January 08, 2010

You Got it Dude!

Lately I'm finding myself thinking about time in ways that bring me back to my childhood.

Because if I think about it in terms of hours, days, weeks, and months things feel far away.

A lot of it, I think has to do with my pregnancy. I can't wait to reach certain milestones.

So I've been thinking about time in terms of actual events going on in my life, that sound shorter when grouped in such a way.

For example: when I was a child if we were going to do something fun that day but it was still an hour and a half away, it sounded a lot more manageable if I thought of it in terms of three episodes-of-Full-House away.

It is not that I am waiting for time to pass me by, I'm just excited, and sometimes nervous and all sorts of things and this method helps me feel a little more solid.

Thanksgiving and Christmas were wonderful for this. Time flew by very quickly with the holidays. And before I knew it I was into my second trimester and starting to feel the baby move. Something that in the beginning seemed so far away, and that I was so excited for but couldn't quite hold on to yet.

I am now in my next little time phase event- this babysitting gig- 9 days worth of time. It's been lots of fun and lots of work. Now we have fun weekend activities coming up.

And then, in a few days we will be back in our home and then we get to see our baby at the 20 week ultrasound!

And then, well this is very exciting- American Idol starts! woooohooooo! I gleefully looked forward to American Idol night every week last year! (my family goes crazy with wonderful parties every week).

so on and so on.

It's silly. But it's fun.

No comments: