Monday, January 18, 2010

A Global Prayer.

I have been wanting to write something about Haiti now for a few days. It has been weighing heavy on my heart.


The day after the earthquake I wrote about cheese on a stick. Really important stuff.

But I am thinking about it often and keeping the people of Haiti in my prayers. I can hardly turn on the tv without crying.

At church on Sunday the people of Haiti were in everyone's prayers. In Relief Society our instructor said that if she started to talk about it, she would be standing in front of everyone crying. She said it already with a choke in her voice.

An image that particularly hit me (among many), were those of a group of Haitians in Miami desperately clutching photos of their loved ones, lost in Haiti, wanting to get their picture out there. People being so brave in such a heartwrenching situation.

Family is the most important thing in the entire world. That love is such a fundamental part of all of us the world over.

I am so grateful for my family. I am going to hold them close, and keep sending my prayers out there with the rest of the world.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

This is a neat site that a highschooler in our area created: He asks people to eat rice and beans for five days and donate the money they saved to the people of Haiti.
http://web.me.com/alexherbig/SimplyHaiti/Home.html