Tuesday, December 02, 2008

I'll have the seeds, thank you.


Tonight Dashing Boy and I went out for a date to a Brazilian restaurant. You know, the kind where they come out with skewer after skewer of meat and cut you a slice right at the table.

Now let me just say, I am a very easy going vegetarian. I do my best to be as accommodating as possible in any meaty situation. I never make negative comments about other people's food; I happily turn side dishes into meals when the situation calls; I'll eat any vegetable or vegetarian attempt put in front of me.

So, tonight, on this special evening I joined my husband for a culinary experience in his paradise.

At least three times they used the word "bloody" to describe the meat. "Do you have anything more rare?" Dashing Boy would ask. "Would you like it bloody?" the server would ask completely serious. "Yes. The bloodier the better." Dashing boy would completely seriously respond.

Maybe it's that crazy vampire book (yeah, that one) that I've been reading because the interactions made me a little uneasy... They like the taste of blood? Seriously who likes the taste of blood? Would they like my blood? And so on.

Perhaps it's time to read a different book.

5 comments:

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Umm, blood is traumatic. That's scary.

Did you eat the grilled pineapple though? That is delish??

Anonymous said...

Haha, I'm sure glad I wasn't eating meat when I read this! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Dashing Boy!!

MEvans said...

I had to laugh at your post because I am also currently reading THAT book. Finally coerced by all of the peer pressure. Are you enjoying it?

Oh, and Happy Birthday to the hubs!

candace said...

ha ha. yes, blood is a pretty big theme in THAT book. Christian and I still need to have you guys over! I promise we won't serve bloody meat to you or the meat eaters.

Jenny said...

I do love the pineapple...
As for that book...it's growing on me. I just finished the second one and I though it was WAY better than the first. I gave in to the peer pressure to. I wanted to be in the know...