Monday, October 06, 2008

Happy Anniversary!


Today is our 3rd wedding anniversary! I am so happy that I am with a man who loves, respects, and cares for me in all the good ways.

Isn't his hair just radiant?! I couldn't help but notice him one sunny afternoon on the patio at Utah State. I just stared at him, excited- giddy to have found a new crush. Just a few days later he walked into the library cafe where I was the barista. I was so nervous! All I could say was "what can I get you?" and "$1.42 is your change." He told me my dress was pretty.

A few weeks of this and finally it happened.

"What do you have planned for the weekend?" he casually asked.
(leave the door open! leave the door open! I told myself!)
"nothing" I responded. "What are you doing?"
"Oh, I'm going to the City of Rocks," he said.
(open! open!)
"Oh wow. I've always wanted to go there. My dad goes climbing there and loves it."
"Do you want to come?" he asked, surprised.
(YES!!!!!)
"really? that sounds fun...."

So I went. He let me know his sister would be there as well as his roommates and one of their girlfriends. A fellow-barista got the information of where I was going and volunteered to come get me should I discover I didn't want to be there.

But I was in good company and we spent the weekend climbing, listening to General Conference and getting to know each other around the campfire.

We've been together ever since.

And although those Beckham locks are now gone the attraction isn't and everyday I am grateful- giddy to be with the man I love.

3 comments:

Mrs. Olsen said...

Happy Anniversary! Wade also had long luscious locks when we first met. Such a trip to see them on Dallas.

Brittany said...

Happy Anniversary you two! We're so happy Dallas found you... we love that you are part of our family. BTW... we need to get together soon. I told Dallas we were going to have you over for dinner. We need to do that in the next few weeks. I'll IM him and figure out what works... anyway, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

Congrats! You two are SO perfect for each other! Seriously adorable couple!