Thursday, June 26, 2008

No matter where I am, signs like these always make me smile...



These two were spotted this past weekend on our trip through the Beartooth Highway- a breathtaking scenic byway outside Yellowstone National Park.

I love spotting random road signs like these that in the right moment are just hysterical.

Confession: in an outrageously ditzy moment on our way up Hyalite Canyon in Bozeman I saw a "food storage required" sign and seriously responded. "Wow! They require people who live up here to have food storage! That is really cool! I guess it must be in case of road closures and such." hmmm. ok. so not quite. people go camping here and there are bears.

It would make a good image for one of those church food storage flyers though...

4 comments:

Annie said...

I am totally with you on that one...I had to read your explanation twice to get it. Must run in the family!

ashley said...

I didn't get it the first time either...

Brooke said...

This is so funny, and yes, I thought the same thing

gretchen lund said...

I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE YOUR FOOD STORAGE BECAUSE YOU HAVE LOTS OF CHOCOLATE.