Thursday, April 22, 2010

Mini Tunic with Sleeves.

With my self imposed baby sewing week (ahem! weeks) complete, I was very excited to make a top for Made by Rae's Spring 2010 Top Week!

Here is my spring top!


Because it has been ever so faithful as pregnancy tunic I used Amy Butler's Mini Dress and Tunic pattern once again. Only this time I added sleeves which was a huge feat for me. I have never altered a pattern before and so I spent a lot of time staring at things over and over again and sewing and picking out stitches until I had it the way I hoped for.

Instead of adding the tucking detail on the dress straps I added it on the sleeves. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.


I used Sandi Henderson's Ginger Blossom fabric in mustard that I had in my stash. I love that this fabric quite perfectly matches my favorite pair of crocs!


Secretly I'm kind of hoping this top will be one I can wear after having the baby as it seems like it would provide a nice little tent-ish space for him to fit in comfortably while nursing while also giving a bit of privacy at the same time. We shall see...


I've been having lots of fun looking at everyone's awesome spring tops on flickr! Happy Springtime and Happy Earth Day!

6 comments:

Erin said...

this looks so cute!

team cowan said...

This is ADORABLE! I absolutely love it. Way to go.

Heidi said...

I absolutely LOVE it with the sleeves!!! I wish I could sew. =0)

Heidi said...

P.S. I want to see pictures of all the new things you sewed for Baby!

Cristie said...

Darling top. So cute, Jenny.

paisley and lace said...

I love it! The fabric is lovely, and I love how you added sleeves. I have been wanting to try this pattern. Hmm. A great maternity top, too.